This is a three-day course covering the following:
- What sustains us? The four eco-foundation blocks that support all human endeavour.
- Water cycle - making every drop count; ways to improve the efficiency of your rainfall.
- Mineral cycle - ensuring the fast cycling of minerals to promote biodiversity.
- Solar energy flow - maximising the transformation of sunlight to dollars through the photosynthetic process.
- Community dynamics - understanding the links between all living things, to create a stable, diverse and profitable environment.
- New concepts about the functioning of nature.
- Nature functions in wholes - discover why our present view of nature as interconnected parts cannot work.
- Understand the time factor in grazing and why time and not animal numbers causes overgrazing.
- Learn about the Brittleness Scale, and why some environments deteriorate when rested.
- Understand the relationship between grazing animals, their predators and the plants.
- Holistic Grazing Planning®
This procedure which has been adapted from the Sandhurst Military Academy. Learn how to get your animals to the right place at the right time for the right reasons. Understand how animals can be used as tools to increase biodiversity and long term profitability. Discover how to monitor grass growth to give plants maximum chance to achieve their potential, and to accurately estimate standing feed to budget your stock requirement.
- Early warning biological monitoring
Read the soil surface to obtain the earliest indication that you may be straying off course. Learn how to set up monitoring and photographic sites.