NEW SOUTH WALES
Funding available for eligible participants from the Rural Assistance Authority
Kangaroo Valley, NSW: Session 1 October 15-16, Session 2 December 10-11, Session 3 January 14-15, Session 4 March 9-10
Tamworth, NSW: Session 1 October 30-31, Session 2 December 4-5, Session 3, January 29-30, Session 4 March 11-12.
Albury, NSW: Session 1 January 21-22, Session 2 February 18-19, Session 3 March 31 - April 1, Session 4 May 5-6
Bellingen, NSW: Session 1 February 26-27, Session 2 April 28-29, Session 3 May 19-20. Session 4 June 9-10 Enrolments Open
Taking Expressions of Interest
Bathurst, NSW: Session 1 June 2-3, Session 2 August 4-5, Session 3 September 15-16, Session 4 October 27-28 Taking EOI
Murwillumbah, NSW : Session 1 June 11-12, Session 2 July 28-29, Session 3 August 25-26, Session 4 October 13-14 Taking EOI
Lismore, NSW: Session 1 June 11-12, Session 2 July 30-31, Session 3 August 27-28 , Session 4 October 15-16 Taking EOI
Courses starting 2020
Goulburn Broken Catchment
This project is supported by Goulburn Broken CMA through funding from the Australia Government’s National Landcare Program. Funding for eligible participants.
Yarck, VIC: Session 1 March 17-18, Session 2 April 21-22, Session 3 May 12-13, Session 4 June 16-17 Enrolments are open. THIS COURSE IS FULLY SUBSCRIBED
Koyuga, VIC: Suggested dates Session 1 August 11-12, Session 2 September 8-9, Session 3 October 6-7, Session 4 November 17-18 Taking EOI
Taking Expressions of Interest
or by following the links on the Muresk Institute Holistic Management Course page
HOLISTIC MANAGEMENT COURSE
This course is an eight-day course, consisting of four modules of two days, each 4-7 weeks apart.
- What sustains us? The four eco-foundation blocks that support all human endeavour.
- Water Cycle - making every drop count; ways to improve the efficiency of your rainfall.
- Mineral Cycle - ensuring the fast cycling of minerals to promote biodiversity.
- Solar Energy Flow - maximising the transformation of sunlight to dollars through the photosynthetic process.
- Community Dynamics - understanding the links between all living things, to create a stable, diverse and profitable environment.
- New concepts about the functioning of nature.
- Nature functions in wholes - discover why our present view of nature as interconnected parts cannot work.
- Understand the time factor in grazing and why time and not animal numbers causes overgrazing.
- Learn about the Brittleness Scale, and why some environments deteriorate when rested.
- Understand the relationship between grazing animals, their predators and the plants.
- Introduction to Holistic Management - demonstrates why conventional decision making is failing us in our holistic world.
- Setting Holistic Context - learn how to create your own holistic context with the values that are uniquely yours.
- Testing decisions - understand the seven testing questions that ensure every decision you make moves you towards your context.
Holistic Grazing Planning®
This procedure which has been adapted from the Sandhurst Military Academy. Learn how to get your animals to the right place at the right time for the right reasons. Understand how animals can be used as tools to increase biodiversity and long term profitability. Discover how to monitor grass growth to give plants maximum chance to achieve their potential, and to accurately estimate standing feed to budget your stock requirement.
Early warning biological monitoring
Read the soil surface to obtain the earliest indication that you may be straying off course. Learn how to set up monitoring and photographic sites.
Holistic Financial Planning - wealth generation
Plan your profits
Holistic Land Planning
A process that will help you create the lives you want from the land, far into the future.
The cost of the eight days of training includes the text book - Allan Savory’s “Holistic Management - a New Framework for Making Decisions”, the Holistic Management handbook, financial and grazing planning resources, morning teas and a great time! Participant numbers will not exceed 25 people.