2020 / 2021 COURSES
NEW SOUTH WALES
Lismore 2 2020 / 21
Session 1 November 2020 10-11 , Session 2 January 2021 28-29
Session 3 2021 March 2-3, Session 4 2021 April 13-14
Session 1 March 9-10, Session 2 April 27-28
Session 3 May 25-26, Session 4 June 22-23
Session 1 March 11-12, Session 2 April 29-30
Session 3 May 27-28, Session 4 June 24-25
Taking Expressions of Interest
Session 1 August 17-18, Session 2 September 21-22
Session 3 October 19-20, Session 4 November 16-17
West Gippsland (Warragul) 2021
Session 1 May 4-5, Session 2 June 1-2
Session 3 July 27-28, Session 4 August 24-25 Enrolments are open
East Gippsland (Bairnsdale) 2021
Session 1 May 6-7, Session 2 June 3-4
Session 3 July 29-30, Session 4 August 26-27 Enrolments are open
Northam - Muresk Institute 2021
Session 1 March 16-17, Session 2 April 20-21
Session 3 May 11-12 Session 4 June 16-17
Taking Expressions of Interest
Session 1 August 3-4, Session 2 September 7-8
Session 3 October 5-6, Session 4 November 2-3 Taking Expressions of Interest
HOLISTIC MANAGEMENT® COURSE
This course is an eight-day course, consisting of four modules of two days, each 4-7 weeks apart.
- What sustains us? The four eco-foundation blocks that support all human endeavour.
- Water Cycle - making every drop count; ways to improve the efficiency of your rainfall.
- Mineral Cycle - ensuring the fast cycling of minerals to promote biodiversity.
- Solar Energy Flow - maximising the transformation of sunlight to dollars through the photosynthetic process.
- Community Dynamics - understanding the links between all living things, to create a stable, diverse and profitable environment.
- New concepts about the functioning of nature.
- Nature functions in wholes - discover why our present view of nature as interconnected parts cannot work.
- Understand the time factor in grazing and why time and not animal numbers causes overgrazing.
- Learn about the Brittleness Scale, and why some environments deteriorate when rested.
- Understand the relationship between grazing animals, their predators and the plants.
- Introduction to Holistic Management - demonstrates why conventional decision making is failing us in our holistic world.
- Setting Holistic Context - learn how to create your own holistic context with the values that are uniquely yours.
- Testing decisions - understand the seven testing questions that ensure every decision you make moves you towards your context.
Holistic Grazing Planning®
This procedure which has been adapted from the Sandhurst Military Academy. Learn how to get your animals to the right place at the right time for the right reasons. Understand how animals can be used as tools to increase biodiversity and long term profitability. Discover how to monitor grass growth to give plants maximum chance to achieve their potential, and to accurately estimate standing feed to budget your stock requirement.
Early warning biological monitoring
Read the soil surface to obtain the earliest indication that you may be straying off course. Learn how to set up monitoring and photographic sites.
Holistic Financial Planning - wealth generation
Plan your profits
Holistic Land Planning
A process that will help you create the lives you want from the land, far into the future.
The cost of the eight days of training includes the text book - Allan Savory’s “Holistic Management - a New Framework for Making Decisions”, the Holistic Management handbook, financial and grazing planning resources, morning teas and a great time! Participant numbers will not exceed 25 people.
Holistic Management® is a registered trademark of Holistic Management International and has been used by permission.